Laura’s Famous Guacamole
- 4 large avocados
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt to taste
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ to 1 cup chopped pineapple (optional but delish!)
- In a medium bowl mix the avocados, chopped tomato, salsa, mayonnaise, garlic salt, chopped onion, and pineapple. A little more or less of any ingredient will work, depending on your taste.
- If it is too thick, add more salsa or a touch more mayonnaise.
- If not thick enough, add another avocado or more onions and tomatoes.
Makes: Enough for a group of teenagers to polish off in no time!
Total Time: 15 minutes
About the Chef
Chef: Laura Jucha
Family: Husband – Myron, Daughters – Allie (23) and Keri (19)
Community: Sonata for 20 years
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, hiking
Favorite Local Activity: Taking my camera to the Carlsbad Flower Fields
About the Recipe: My 19-year-old daughter and her friends started requesting this recipe a lot during high school and it continued when she came home from college. I didn’t realize they all liked it so much and talked about it. The pineapple happened by mistake but everyone loved it so we kept it in! It’s the first thing my daughter asks me to make when she comes home from Indiana University.
About the Chef: After being a mortgage broker for 25 years, I now work in the family business which my husband runs. Over the past 25 years we have also employed my mother-in-law and now my daughter. I am the Director of Finance for Brooks Jucha and Associates. We provide employee benefits including health insurance for individuals and companies. I love to travel, hike, and walk on the beach. If I can take my camera with me it’s a bonus. I enjoy volunteering and loved being a soccer mom for many years. We have lived in Carlsbad for over 20 years and love it. We would never live anywhere else.