Emma’s Nicey-Icey Treat
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream (4 to 6 average scoops)
For chocolate shake:
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
For strawberry shake:
- 3 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
For creamy vanilla shake:
- 3 ounces vanilla yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend choice of ingredients together in blender until smooth.
- Add more chocolate and/or fruit to taste.
Makes: 3 servings
About the Chef
Chef: Emma Danuser
Family: Parents – Steve and Julie; Cats – Tut and Sophie; Goldfish – Sunny; Leopard Gecko – Squish
Community: Rancho Carrillo
Hobbies & Interests: Drawing, painting, toy customization, computer games, lizard catching, tap dancing
Favorite Local Activity: Playing in nearby parks, going to the beach, visiting reptiles at the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon Discovery Center
About the Recipe: Milkshakes are fun because you can try out many different flavor combinations. I like making treats for my family and friends.
About the Chef: Emma is a second grader who has been taking cooking classes for three years. Her grandfather was a chef, and his love for cooking has been passed down to her. She loves preparing lunch for her parents as well as making cakes and other treats.